Friday, November 15, 2013

Focus On Life - Week 46 - Reflect

Ok...at first I am thinking shiny reflects...mirrors...windows...jewels....but our wonderful Hostess is thinking ahead of the game and knows as the year winds down...(can't believe it has already) that we all tend to get really busy.  So her prompt for this week was a Reflection on those who are important to us.

Of course I had all these great pictures to choose from....but....as Life will have it..my computer died the other night...power supply shorted out...so ALLLLLLL of my pictures are on that computer of course...

Luckily I HAD moved some of my older folders of pictures to a thumb drive...So I had to scour through them and the hit up Facebook for more....But I was able to get a fair mix...the big one is of my family (minus my oldest who lives in SC) with my parents this PAST Christmas.  Most of you know both passed this year so this if the FIRST Christmas without them...so it will be kinda bittersweet...but I know they are much more happier in Heaven with their heavenly family.

The rest around the edges are of my kids and grand kids.


Starting at the top right is my middle son, Nicholas, then my daughter Sydny, then a sweet picture of them "back in the day". The in the bottom right corner is my both of my sweet granddaughters, Selena and Elfie, then just Elfie, then Larry, my oldest and his wife and Elfie. Then the last picture is of my daughter Sydny and her boyfriend Aaron.

I really love how this came out...I may have it printed and put is on the wall in my studio to look at....

For more sweet reflections check out the links below and thanks for stopping by!

OH and BTW - I have a google friend counter now...it needs some love....












20 comments:

  1. A wonderful collage of your family. After my mom passed away I realized how important friends and family are. Blessings to you and your family. The first birthday party, mother's day, father's day, Thanksgivng and Christmas are the worst. It does get a bit easier with every passing year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice...I know I will have to deal with "all" the "firsts"...not a great idea...but one I will get through...thanks for the great thoughts!

      Delete
  2. What a nice collage of your family, worthy of framing for your studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....I am going to send it to Walmart and pick it up the next time I am there...

      Delete
  3. What a super collage of your family and all those you love! What better way to 'reflect'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your parents - and understand these next couple weeks will be difficult without them to share the holidays. I am hoping you can recover your computer AND your photos - you do such a great job on the collages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula....I know I will be able to recover my pics..it is just a pain...and I am looking into a new computer...the one I had was old anyway.

      Delete
  5. How nice to have those photos look at all the time- a good time of year to remember all the wonderful times you've had together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful display and a great reason to reflect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful collage, I think you should hang it in your studio. It will always be a great reminder to reflect on the important things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely picture... I can relate to computer problems! I'm now using my husbands laptop as my laptop refuses to connect to the internet... it worked last night.. I'm just thinking of everything \i might get done with no computer to pull at me! My parents both went into nursing homes this year so I'm not sure how many more Christmases we'll have.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like the computers know when we really, really need them and they don't want to cooperate! Good luck with your parents...it sooo hard to be in the role we are in when they go into this phase of their lives...Thanks for the kind words...

      Delete
  9. Great photos Vera. I'm glad you got a family photo last year. I am sorry to hear of your parents passing. I hope you can still make this a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes..I am glad we were able to get this last shot...Not the best of me... but at least we are together....I have decided to have a quiet holiday season this year...just kinds kick back and take it easy...thanks.

      Delete
  10. Lovely family photo. Wishing a blessed holiday season to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I beautiful collection of love reflected through the generations. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete