Saturday, November 9, 2013

Focus On Life - Week 45 - Industrial Photography

Good morning all!  Let me first say...I am sorry if I haven't been as active as I usually am.  I have decided to take an online Jackson Hewitt Tax course and it has really taken up a lot of my time.  Plus I have decided to take the NaNoWriMo challenge and write a novel in Nov.  So I have been working on that also.  And ....my jewelry, and crocheting for Christmas, and making more healthy from scratch food items, even healthy dog biscuits for my dog.  Add that to taking care of my hubby and helping my son with his college work and I am lucky to get a good night sleep.

SOOOOOO without being too long winded....if I seem absent from the posts...I do apologize and promise to try and do better....

When Sally posted this weeks FOL...I was a little taken aback as Industrial Photography was a new concept to me.  And so it kinda got shoved to the back burner....until last night.....lol.  I haven't been outside or gone anywhere to have taken any pictures so I had to go back through my stash and make a call to my daughter for help....Once I got going though...it all seem to click and I realized what a great medium we were missing out on in life.

So below is my interpretation of our prompt for this week...and before you ask...the picture in the upper left hand corner are barnacles from a beach trip we took a few months ago. The buildings are from Kissimmee and Orlando Florida. The car with the caution tape is from a show in Dunnellon and the car in bottom left is a picture taken in 1940 outside my grandparents house in Orlando Florida.  The bottom two on the right are of the beach and the power plant here in Dunnellon...thanks for looking and for being patient with me.


For more great pictures hop around to those shown below...


17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks...I can't tell you how MANY pictures I have spanning the ages...somehow I got to be the holder of all the old pictures from my grandparents...Still sorting.....

      Delete
  2. Great photos Vera. I love the old cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...It amazes me how people rode in those cars...My mom used to talk about riding in the rumble seat....and if it rained....what would you do???? Get wet??? They are cool looking though...

      Delete
  3. Love the black and white collage... You and I have the same background for our blog so I always have to make sure I didn't somehow end up back in my blog! Did you get to spend your summers in Orlando since your grandparents were there? The middle bottom picture is in colour isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny we have the same backgrounds...I want to change mine...just haven't gotten around to it.....I grew up in Orlando, so I got to see that set of grandparents all the time. My other set lived in Ky...so I didn't get to see them very often. My parents moved here when I was one..so I am almost a native....thanks!

      Delete
  4. Awesome photos - all of them. But I'm especially fond of those cars for some reason - they just look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I seem to get the feeling from the posts, that the cars are stars....how funny...I had more...maybe I ought to do one just of cars....LOL. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Nice collage! All aspects of industry (even the industrious barnacles!) covered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....lol...I really thought they came out cool looking....screams jewelry at me...lol....

      Delete
  6. Great photo collage! Those cars are real works of art - love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....if we were voting...I think the cars would win...they seem to have really drawn everyone in...

      Delete
  7. Your black and white collage is great. Especially like that photo from the 1940s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....I have tons of pics from that era as I am the hold of all the pics since my parents passed....still going through them....:-)

      Delete
  8. busy lady! We all get there and usually a lot. Love the car shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - you sure have a lot going on! I've always wanted to try the NanoWriMo. That photo of the car in front of your grandparents' house is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No apologies, you are definitely busy! Those are great shots and always, I love a good collage!

    ReplyDelete