Saturday, March 2, 2013

Knock Knock - Who's There - Week 9



A door opened and I went through it.
                                                          ~Temple Grandin

  Let's open some doors to see what awaits us on the other side.

Is it a door that holds opportunity?
A door that holds a story?
Is it a door you have been hesitating to open?
Is a gate to a new life?
A door to a new adventure?
Is it a door that holds a memory?
Is it the perfect door for a simple picture?

You have arrived at the door for a reason, open it up and step in!



As you can see from this week's challenge we were to examine doors.  To me, it means the doors we have opened, gone through, then closed.  Since I am in my 50's something......I have opened and gone through many doors! And closed them. Many were not the doors I should have gone through....but I did, I learned, I closed that door and moved on.

As I think back on those doors there are so many I could choose from, but I think I will use my most current door(s).  In 2011 my husbands diabetes really took him down so that he was unable to work. Then I lost my job. So we took this as a sign for us to move! My parents were in need of me as they were elderly and my mothers health wasn't that great. So we moved out to be close to them and to help out.  That was a door I went though as a dutiful daughter. I haven't closed it yet. At least not all the way, as although my mother recently passed, I still have my father.  Another recent door that I opened...slowly...is my door for stepping out of the box and trying to really promote and get into the jewelry scene.  I haven't quite found my niche, but I am still working on it.  This is a door that will stay open for quite a while.  My newest door is that of wife/nurse as my husband has finally come home from the hospital where he was recuperating from a severely broken ankle with complications due to his diabetes.  He is still on no weight bearing for another 7 weeks. So I will have to be a nurse to him as well as his wife.  This door, as a nurse, will soon close as he heals and I will reopen the purely wife door which is one of the two doors in my life I cherish!  Being a wife to the most wonderful man in the world, and a mother to three awesome kids (and grandmother to two granddaughters) are the best doors I ever opened! They are wide open and will stay wide open til I leave this earthly body and join my family and friends that have gone on to heaven before me.

Thanks for listening....doors are hard to open because unlike windows, you can't see though them. So you never know what is on the other side.  But if you don't chance it, you may never enjoy a part of life that God has assigned to you.

So my advice....Answer the knock, knock!!!!!





13 comments:

  1. what a great attitude you have towards opening doors...I moved closer to be with my father during a health crisis and will never regret it...great collage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colorful entry. and a good solid story to go with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collage of doors to go with your wonderful thoughts and experiences of opening and closing life's doors. I loved reading your blog today - thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great collage of doors to express your collage of life experiences... hope your hubbie's ankle heals soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful post today. Thanx for sharing your story with us. I like your door collage. I hope your husband heals soon. My husband had diabetes also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story is a touching one and it shows that you have a lot of grace and strength. It seems to me that if we knew what was behind a door - especially when it comes to caring for loved ones through illness, that it would not be easy to open it and go through. Hope your husband is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs and kudos to someone not afraid to open doors nor close them. Best wishes for your growing business!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vera, I hope that the doors closing behind you will open windows full of sunshine in front of you~keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we've all opened a door or two that we were more than happy to close. I agree that some doors are harder to open than others. I hope your husband mends quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think if you fully open the door for your jewelry you will be quite good and successful. I will defiantly call upon you to make jewelry for my photo-shoots that will be in the future. Who knows, maybe you can get your hubby to make you a jewelry stand once he gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are one amazing person is all I can say! Such great attitude, hope your hubby gets better soon, and I like what Sydny said here, open the door fully, there is a LOT out there to explore and lot you can give to the community through your art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing post! Your strength is so apparent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post! Hope your husband is up and around soon! and what a great outlook on life you have

    ReplyDelete