Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Monochrome Experiment

Hello to all and thank you for all the kind thoughts and wishes from last week in regards to the death of my mother.  I am doing each day one at a time.

So this week Sally challenged us to work in Monochrome   A picture all one color, or shades of one color.  At first, I thought how cool.  I have tons of pics I can play with and turn monochrome....and so since I love to play....here are a few of my attempts.

 
 
 

 

I never did figure out if my camera did black and white, but it is something I want to do.  BUT I do have a couple of pics that were done in black and white......the one to the right is my grandmother, Elfie White, and the one below is MY granddaughter, Elfie Bass.....how cool is that!!!!!
 
So now that you have browsed through mine, jump on over to Sally's page for everyone else and enjoy! Til next week.....

9 comments:

  1. It looks like you had fun manipulating your pictures, I think the two Elfie's look like each other.

    I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I know you are hurting right now. Art heals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for sharing. I like how the red one looked abstract. Wonderful that you showed us the 2 Elfie's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so much fun playing with the photos. Looks like you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granddaughter is so adorable! The red photo is so cool. It's been fun playing with effects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had lots of fun. Your granddaughter is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What was the red one a photo of? That looks so cool. Great experiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An interesting collection of photos - looks like you had a great time experimenting. The flower photo on the lowest left looks like a sketch - what filter did you use, do you remember?

    Photos of your grandmother and granddaughter - talk about spanning the generations! I am sorry for the loss of your mother - just hold onto the good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the moth and the orchid (?) in particular...and how cool to have those two pictures of the Elsie's at about the same age. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great work! You have so many talents Girlfriend - doesn't surprise me a bit! Especially enjoyed your Elfie experiments - what a darling idea. And your butterfly is quite nice. Keep on creating!

    ReplyDelete