Friday, February 1, 2013

Wow, into week 5 and Feb already!  This weeks assignment was to look for hearts in everything around us. The first few days I didn't even think about it as I had issues going on in my life, but then on Wednesday I remembered and took my camera with me out side. Below are pictures I took of  "things" that reminded me of hearts. Enjoy!

This is a Luna Moth that we saw this week on a chair in my dads yard. I have never seen one up close before. It was beautiful! I could even see his feathery antennae. I know it isn't a perfect heart, but it made mine pitter patter . I even submitted it to the Butterflys and Moths of North American website.  So cool!




 These two pictures are of a type of succulent called Kalanchoe Mirabella.   I have them all over my yard.  The one below I did some playing with. But it makes the middle look like a heart!
























In this picture, the purple plant is called a Purple Heart. It is a type of ivy.  The green one beside it  is another type of ivy. And the leaves did look kinda of like hearts.  The one below was just a leaf I saw that looked like a heart....










The two below are from the trees in the forest that line the street where I walk to my dads.  I am not sure what they are, but they are all over the place. And though they aren't "perfect"....they kinda remind me of "broken" hearts...
 


This one is of a Wisteria plant in my dad's yard...even though it is bare, the way the limbs curve remind me of hearts.










And while they aren't exactly shaped like hearts they are red.






And last of all is the fencing around the "rose" garden. It is sorta shaped like a heart!
  So here are my "hearts" for this week. It is interesting to look for hearts as you go through life, as we all need some "love" every day.
 Jump on over to Sally's blog for the rest of  our hearts! The studio sublime

>52 week badge

18 comments:

  1. What fun to go looking for hearts. How neat to see a Luna moth. And I love the color of those succulents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shot of the luna moth! and the way you played with the photo to create the heart was great! You found a lot of hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wisteria. We had a 100 year old tree (yes TREE) in our yard at our old house. It doesn't grow here in Montana...

    Great hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the luna moth! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cool that you found all your hearts in nature! How exciting to see a Luna moth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am enjoying everyone's interpretation of hearts and you went looking for them and they are everywhere. Love the moth and I envy you having heart flowers when I have a foot of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - I love the picture of your moth - it's like it stood still for you while you snapped its picture! Very cool! How wonderful that you see the hearts around you, literally everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! these are wonderful photos! and i cannot believe this is a real moth - just too stunning! our UK moths are brown and furry and yucky :(
    a wonderful post!
    no. 26

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been observant! love that moth..stunning. I have never seen one...good on you for submitting it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many hearts! Those are some wonderful photos. I love the moth one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you to see hearts everywhere!I like what you did to the flower picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW that Luna Moth is amazing! I would love to see one up close!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You found lots of hearts! Sooooo much easier when there's no snow on the ground lol...nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great imagination! I LOVE Luna Moths!!! They are the coolest things to suddenly come upon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You really went all out with this challenge and I am so impressed! That Luna moth is gorgeous! I've only ever seen one in a butterfly house, never out in 'real life'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great finds, and a sharp eye. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like you had a great week finding hearts! Love all of your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed the walk through the yard looking for hearts. Love the shot of the Luna Moth.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete