Saturday, December 7, 2013

Focus Week 49 - Add Sparkle

Merry Christmas - early...I am slowly getting into the mood....it has been crazy since Thanksgiving.  I haven't had a chance to get around to the blogs from last week...and I will...I am trying to finish up my Jackson Hewitt Tax class.  I have an interview on Monday and I must be finished with all the classes.  So I have been trying to do 2 -3 chapters a day. Needless to say I have been busy!

I haven't had a chance to get out and see the Christmas lights yet, but have started with decorating my living room.  Below is a favorite of mine. The Nativity Scene.  I bought it yyyyeeeaaaarrrssssss ago...I have to have it out each year or it doesn't feel right...Same with the little train station. We bought that in 2002 for my son (now 21) as he was into trains.  The plant is my dads Christmas Cactus.  It is just covered in blooms. This was from a few days ago.

As many of you know...this will be my first Christmas without my parents.  One of the many first I know. I will have to go through. But it still isn't easy.

I know we will have more great prompts before the end of the year and I promise to have my living room finished so I can show my tree.

For more great "sparkle" head over to the links below!





8 comments:

  1. Your collage w/those sparkles is just beautiful! It's tough, the first year after loosing a parent or loved one,..I'd like to tell you it gets easier, but my Dad has been gone since I was 15 and my mom since I was almost 4, and I've never truly learned how to cope w/this season w/out them - at least not on the inside. Outside, one pushes on, smiling and remembering all the good times and this helps a lot! Hugs to you this holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying busy really helps during these times I find. I always take a trip with my granddaughter in August during the anniversary of my husband's death and as I focus on her and the fun experiences we are creating the pain of my loss subsides.

    Love you collage and how it sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty holiday photos. the sparkling Nativity Scene is very impressive. Hope you have a peaceful season, in spite of your loss, and that your memories are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collage! Be gentle with yourself... Christmas can be hard... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect collage: peaceful and full of light! I love your Nativity Scene - over the years I was tempted to replace ours, but I could never bring myself to do it... for us it's the mark of our beginnings in a new life, new country... I truly love the simple elegance of yours.
    Like Clair said, be gentle with yourself ~ many warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love nativities and managed to get the one from my parents witch is from the 1940's. Mom passed away in 2011 and the holidays still don't seem right without her. She loved to decorate to the hilt an lavish the grandkids with lots of food an presents. Holidays are not easy, but hold on to those cherished memories and don't be afraid to share them with other family members. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your interview. I'm sure you will...sparkle!
    The firsts are always the hardest but soon the memories will be happy and it will be smiles not tears that lead the remembrances.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vera your photos are beautiful. I do hope you will enjoy at least part of Christmas this year. I lost my Dad in 2011 so I know that it is not the same without them. His Christmas cactus is lovely. My oldest sister has my Grandma's Christmas Cactus and my Mom has a huge one that she started from Grandma's plant.

    ReplyDelete