Saturday, December 28, 2013

Focus On Life - Week 52 - Goodby....

I can't believe the year is over. It seems like it just started. But so much has happened this year to me. And through it all you, my FOL, friends were with me.

In a challenge I did at the beginning of the year, we were asked to pic a word to focus on for the year.  Mine was "growth".  I look back and I can see that I did indeed grow.  I took on jewelry challenges and saw my techniques mature and grow over the year...I not famous yet...but hey who knows.

I stepped up to the plate when losing both my parents this year. Becoming the matriarch of the family. That wasn't easy.

I started out the year dealing with my husband being in the hospital for 3 months with a shattered ankle and then almost the rest of the year dealing with it healing, which is still hasn't.

I had to deal with a child moving out...and one moving back in. But now wish all three were here!

Then just the daily grind on top of it all.  Keeping faith in face of all that was around me.  So I think it has been an interesting year, not one I want to repeat but one that I really think I grew as a person, a jewelry designer, a crafter and a better child of God.

And through it all, my FOL friends were there.

So I say good by to 2013 and my FOL friends, 2014 is just around the corner, and I know I will be seeing you all again.

Hugs to all!




14 comments:

  1. Love the rose photo. You are a strong person and it shows with how much you have gone through. Are you joining again?
    Wishing you all the best in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really persevered this year with a good spirit. Your rose photo is so appropriate. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you did what you did w/the rose photo - but it's beautiful! You really have had a year of 'growth' for sure and I can see your wonderful strength come shining through. May you and yours have a truly wonderful, happy and healthy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words and photos - so clever :)
    Blessings for 2014 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds to me like you are coming out of 2013 as a better, stronger, wiser person. May 2014 be less challenging and more fulfilling. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written and love the rose. Much Health and Happiness for the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never know what a year will bring. May 2014 bring you peace, calm and joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely rose, and heartfelt message you have given us. Best wishes for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing rose. Thanx for sharing with us this year. I hope 2014 is a wonderful year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great message, sounds like a year if growth, wishing you all the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That rose photo is neat! (how did you do it?) Hope you husbands ankle continues to mend and that 2014 is a better year for you! See you on our travels with Focus on life in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your successes this year...hope 2014 is a much improved one for you, and that you find further successes in it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does sound like you had a difficult year - but that's how we grow, trying to get over the obstacles life throws at us. Wishing you a 2014 filled with health, happiness, joy and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi I'm a Grow Your Blog volunteer and noticed ya haven't posted for the big event. We'd love ya to join us! Please post by 4:00 today or your blog will be deleted from the event list. :)

    ReplyDelete