Friday, October 18, 2013

Focus On Life - Week 42 - All In A Day....

Wellllllll.....I don't have anything exciting to report this week, no ducks, or wild animals attacking me.....wow, I must be boring....lol

But yesterday..I was very busy so I am reporting on it.  Cringing at the price of food these days, I decided to make my own granola bars...they turned out really well, but took me most of the day to bake since I doubled the recipe. I ended up with 6 sandwich bags full of my bars.  Definitely cost less than if I had bought them. AND I know WHAT  went into them!  So there is a picture of my "bars"

I also worked on one of my challenge pieces that is due next week. I had to pixel it so you can't really tell what it is before I post it.  It is the orange picture.  I also finished my grand daughter's Cinderella doll for her 2nd BD.  The black looking clothing piece is a sweater I crocheted and finished up yesterday also for her BD.  It is black with multicolored metallic thread in it. It was hard to take a picture of but I tried.

After supper, I went outside to relax and got a picture of a squirrel in one of my trees and then the picture of the bird, was taken from several hundreds yard away...it was a hawk. But his back was to me.

So this was my day, my 24 hours.....I hope you enjoy it.


















To see what everyone else did, check out below.

9 comments:

  1. Busy lady! Your grand daughter will cherish that doll for years to come. Enjoy the granola bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, homemade granola, haven't had that in ages. I may have to fit that into a day sometime soon. Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grape loaf took way too long to make too but since the grapes were free.. worth the effort. Im sure the granola bars are yummy.. and yes they are way to expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots going on at your house! how lovely to be making special pieces for your grand daughter. I still have things my grandma made me, they will always be treasured items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress you made for the Barbie Doll and I'll bet your granddaughter loves it too. I would love to make granola bars, or even just granola to add to a parfait with fresh fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a great day to me. A homemade doll from Grandma is something special. The bars sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you are one talented lady that is for sure. And busy,..that's a lot of things in one day to make/do/create. Love that you capture that Hawk-very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Homemade is always better. That sweater looks gorgeous. I love things that sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know aren't the food prices crazy!!!! That's so cool that you made your own bars! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete