Friday, September 27, 2013

Focus on Life - Week 39 - Your Best Shot

This week Sally gave us the challenge of giving our best shot.  I pondered on it all week.  I have lots of amazing shots.....But instead of going back through the innumerable "stack" of pictures I just went out into my yard and snapped away.  I put the pics into a collage because I couldn't just pic one....





















Since I know I would be asked, I will tell you what they are.  The one in the top left and else where that look fuzzy are the beginnings of seed pods from a Magnolia Tree. I have two in my yard and I love the blooms.  Hate the pods once they drop and the leaves once they drop...but while in the tree...they are pretty.  The next one and the one in the right corner and in the bottom row is from flowering bromeliads that grow in my yard. I have several varieties. The one with the purple seed pods is a Callicarpa americana (American beautyberry). I have several of them in my yard also.  They are really pretty. The purple really stands out!  There are two kinds of mushrooms in here also. The one middle bottom has some really cool colors that would look killer in clay and the other one is red in coloration. They are  Polyporus squamosus. Then there is one at the base of a stump that is called Laetiporus sulphureus.  Interesting to look at.  Then I have a couple of pictures with a small butterfly. The bright orange one in the left bottom corner is a flower from a Canna Lily plant.

So there you have it, My Best Shot.   Using the links below, hop around and see what other great pictures are in store for you.  I am sure they will be a wonderful treat.





13 comments:

  1. With all those beautiful pictures, I can see why it was so hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took some pictures of the purple 'berries' too but went with the sculptures. My magnolia doesn't get those seed pods. I always think it's hard to choode one picture! Especially in the digital age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful collage. You certainly worked hard at capturing this weeks prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collage, it adds up to your best shot for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! Your collage is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all great shots and I love the collage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the collage - I'd be hard pressed to pic a favorite too! They are all lovely,....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice collage and wonderful to see this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Basically you have the best yard! I have never seen those purple berries before I don't think, pretty wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great collage of beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got some gorgeous flowers in your yard and you captured them so well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color and texture of all of them!!!

    ReplyDelete