Saturday, May 25, 2013

Focus On Live Week 21 Reminisce

Reminisce...so much to remember. I really wasn't sure if I would find something or remember something to reminisce about. Well....I am going through old pictures..and I kinda reminisce about those times and laugh SO hard at how we looked in the "ole" days. But to me I really wanted something that would take me back....Well thanks to my son and his computer game that happened.....

When my son (now 21) was little, in his two's and three's he had a VERY hard time settling down at night to sleep....so....we had some music videos, yes vhs's.....that had nature scenes set to classical music.  There was one set he really loved listening to and I for the life of me can't tell you the song that seem to really help him sleep...

The other day I heard THAT song coming from my son's computer....(awe, shock, disbelief...) I went out to check and one of the "guys" in his computer game liked to listen to classical music when he was driving his car FAST. (awe, shock, disbelief...). So I went out and asked him if he remembered the song.  Not really he said, though we have told him many times about those times when he was little.  So this week, that song took me back to those "sweet" days when he was little and lovable, and cuddly and didn't mind Mom holding him....(sigh).  So below is a picture of him playing that game.



Looks real soooothing huh?

For more reminisces hop over to Sally's blog



22 comments:

  1. Lovely memories... my son slept to old rock... if the music changed he'd wake up and scream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet...if the video quit before he was asleep....amazing isn't it?

      Delete
  2. LOL!! Not soothing at all looking at that game,...but the memories sure are! I miss those days of cuddling w/my son, too. My son fell asleep to George Winston's "December" CD from the time he was born until he was about two or three. He heard a song from it one day and asked, "Hey, how do I know this song?" It was a fond memory as I told him the answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I soo miss the cuddle days, of course he is taller than me now...but every time I hear that music I am taken back to those sweet days....

      Delete
  3. Somewhere deep inside he remembers and will probably use the same music to soothe his child to sleep someday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet he will, in fact I HOPE he does...then I can tell HIS kids about it....(hehehehe)

      Delete
  4. How interesting! I think music is very special - it is felt inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that's too funny Vera, love it when things come back around like that. I'll be sure to give Averleigh an extra squeeze for you. A snuggle still a mandatory part of everyday in this house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and enjoy those snuggles...they will be gone all to soon....of course there are always the grandkids..

      Delete
  6. Amazing how a song can take us back in time. And don;t they grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vera it must have been fate that played that song for you this week. It was exactly what Sally prompted us to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful that a song took you back to those sweet days. My first daughter loved to be rocked to sleep with me singing the alphabet song, over and over. She is now a teacher....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...did YOU ever fall asleep singing to her? I would...a rocking chair, a tiny snuggly body, and instant sleep, at least for me......

      Delete
  9. Oh the songs of childhood! The theme from the Lion King movie always takes me back to a train trip we made with the kids when they were small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, there was a time I could almost recite the entire movie......

      Delete
  10. Ahhh, I love music! We had no ability to play music when my kids were little (we were very poor), so we read Little Golden Books to them. I loved those books and so did they. When they were....5 and 6?...we got them the very first Fisher-Price record player and they near wore that thing out. Great memories. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading is good. I would read to them also. I have three children...they loved the Dr Seuss books...in fact there are few I could probably still recite....Are you my mother? Jump on Pop, Go Dog Go.....sometimes I would hide the books.....

      Delete
  11. Music tends to really take me back. I remember how shocked I was when Pink Floyd's The Wall celebrated its 20th anniversary because I had graduated that same year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I remember when I first listened to Pink Floyd...I thought my mother would have a heart attack....

      Delete