Saturday, May 18, 2013

Focus On Life Week 20

Well it seems we are well on our way to the half way point. It has been a journey for me. I look forward to that last week and get to go back and see what I had posted through out the year.

This Sally told up to "LOOK UP".  Well that is easy for me as my desk faces a window and I am always looking at the sky. But I know there are more things "up" than just the sky. So I went and did some snapping in and around where I live.

I put them in collage as I have found I really enjoy playing with that feature that is in the Picasa program I use.  We have sky pictures. One is of a lone cloud. If you look closely you can see a heart design. I had been thinking about my mom who passed in Feb. I still forget she is gone. Many time I think, "Oh I need to call and ask, or I wonder if Mom...." then I remember she is in heaven. So I felt that maybe this heart was for me.

The one in the middle is looking up through the branches of my Magnolia Tree in the front yard. The bottom right picture is the same tree from a distance.

The picture with the cows in it are "up" on the hill...so it is a little tongue in cheek picture. Then I have a squirrel in the tree and a wood pecker. I had to look up to photo them.

The moth was on the underside of the roof overhang so I had to "look up" to get his picture.  It is really interesting how much MORE of nature I get to experience in the country.  Things that I would probably not even bothered to look at in the city!

The two of the flowers, I had to look "up" to get the shots as they were above my head. The purple flowers are a type of orchid, and the orangey flowers are the flowers from a type of bromeliad I believe.

So there you have it. My week of  " looking up". For more great pics hop over to Sally's page ,





15 comments:

  1. Nice collage of pictures! and wonderful thought about the heart-shaped cloud .... so sorry to hear about your mom; you are keeping her memory alive

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful photos, as always, and what a great collage!!
    have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vera your pics are great. I think your cloud heart is a wonderful sentiment and I hope it brought good memories of your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collage, love magnolia trees and love that your the heart shaped cloud is a comfort. I am sorry for your loss, I still want to call my mom even though it has been 5 years. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great collage! I love the moth and the Magnolia tree in the middles especially - super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moo with a view as I call cows on a hill!
    Great shots all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry for your loss.I still have private conversations with my mother and she has been gone almost 30 years. It must have been fun putting your collage together. All of them are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos. I lost my mom nearly two years ago and I still think about giving her a call. But I do talkd to her, just not on the phone. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The collage is so beautiful - I love the 'heart' cloud & I'm so sorry for your loss! You're right - when we get closer to nature we observe a lot more around us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love collages, too. Love the cloud shot and its meaning for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the photos. Sorry to hear about your Mom. A beautiful sentiment in that lone cloud.
    ~Ema
    http://www.emakdesigns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great collage, sorry to hear about your mom. Yes, I believe that heart was just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures! I am sorry to hear of you mom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your collage, and that moth is just gorgeous! My condolences on the loss of your Mom...it's always hard.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the way your collage shows all of your meaningful pictures. They are great! Sorry for your loss but I agree that the heart is definitely a reminder of her.

    ReplyDelete