Saturday, May 4, 2013

Focus On Life - Week 18 Abstract

This week our challenge was abstract, and I am sorry I am late posting, but we had to take my dad to the hospital this morning and I am just getting around to posting.

Abstract:

Abstract: the use of a visual language of form, color and line to create a composition which may exist with a degree of independence from visual references in the world.

All things have form, color, and lines we just need to step back and step away from the literal image you see through the lens.
Take into account the lines, color or form and look for a more figurative composition. A blurred reflection in a puddle, the photo above I took of brightly colored petals of a flower slightly blurred and cropped close.

You can have a lot of fun editing in one of the photo editor programs (PS, PSE, Lightroom, Pixlr, etc). Play with light, focal blur, liquify, sharpen lines, add color or take it away! You are working in the abstract, HAVE FUN!!!

Take this week and step out of reality and change your view of things!



So with this said I played around with my Picasa program and did up a collage.  One is more goofy than the other but hey, we were told to have fun! So enjoy:

















For more abstract hope over to Sally's Blog for more!



3 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful Vera. You did a great job with your effects. The king made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the king stalking you in your garden. Super pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I can't decide which one is the goofy one. . .Just kidding. It looks like you had a blast playing with your photos. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete