Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week Two - The Word!!!!

GROWTH!


Growth....to open up, reach for the heavens, embrace life.

I think looking back that as teenagers/young adults we think we are really living, growing and enjoying life. And we do to a degree....but now....I can see I lived in the moment, which I think stunted my true growth.



As in the picture, this succulent plant will grow tall, but you can see the bends and angles that it made trying to grow straight.  To me that represents a lot of us in our early years.


 The straight and flowering top is us now in our somewhat pregolden years. We made it through the kids, and now our reward is not only grand kids, but a new opening up and blooming as we start on a new path.

 So this year, I want to grow!  With our kids gone, I would like to grow my relationship with my husband, back to that giddy love we had before kids...:-)  I would like to grow my relationship with my Lord, get back to my quiet times and bible reading. I would like to grow my jewelry/crochet business to not only bring in a bit of money, but because I love doing it.

I am excited to see what this year will bring and if by the end I am flowering!







PS. These plants are in my yard......They grow at the drop of a hat!

>52 week badge

10 comments:

  1. wonderful photos to show your word!
    may you, and your relationships, continue to grow and bloom...
    i'm no. 21 on the list btw :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have written such poetic words to describe growth! And I love the term "pre golden years"! I am going to start using that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great word and lovely photos. Your goals are very worthy goals and are sure to bring you joy through the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a funny feeling that you WILL be flowering by the end of 2013. Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great analogy. Growth is important! Without it we become stagnant and stale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your choice of word and pictures are inspiring. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post. I'm inspired to grow in those same areas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great images to remind you of your path! I love that the stems are not always straight. Those bends and twists hint at the unique path of growth that you will take, and no doubt you will be blooming at the end! I wish you joy in the journey in 2013. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful words about growth. I wish you a wonderful, growth filled year.

    ReplyDelete