Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week Three - Time For Myself....Hmmmmmm

This week we were asked to show and tell about what we do when we sneak a few moments for ourselves. Not having any small children at home I do tend to have a little more time to "steal" for myself.  Usually it is at night...or on Sundays after church as I try to have that as our lazy day.



Usually at night I either, read, crochet, or watch TV depending upon what is on.  It is quiet in my room and when I am done with what I am doing then I can snuggle down in the covers with my husband, (when he finally gets home from the hospital - abt two more weeks)and go to sleep.





Usually on the weekends and sometimes at night, I do work on my jewelry pieces while I watch TV in the living/family room. We have a big tv in there so it is much easier to watch. I have a whole corner....to myself and my family know not to go in it!!!!!




And somewhat lastly, when the days are nice as they have been here in Florida, I get and work in the yard. The above picture is of some shrubs I am trying to grow from cuttings so that we have a little privacy.  I plan to plant some flowering bulbs in between for color.

The one to the right, is a garden that my husband and I work on together...it is kinda a hodgepodge of plants, aloe, a large cactus  lilies,  roses, bromiliad's. and so on. It is fun to get out and get your hands dirty now and then.

So these are a few of my favorite things that I do when I "sneak" time for myself.


>52 week badge

8 comments:

  1. Ah shrubbery, that's a project for the spring around these parts too. We backed onto open field but now there is a very nice rec path running through it. It's wonderful to have but some form of coverage needs adding! Your "me" time sounds just about perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful variety of projects to celebrate YOU with. I love your little garden spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want privacy on a fence, in Florida, we planted a passion vine along the fence behind our house and it grows like something out of Jumanji! Sky vine and bouganvillia too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to enjoy working outside in the gardens - but the summer heat in Virginia is just too much for me. So, I stopped planting items that needed tending to so that I would not be required to go out in the heat! It is so nice in Florida this time of year - glad you have things to keep you occupied outside to enjoy the fantastic weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have yourself such a lovely variety of things to do when you are looking for a little me time! I would go right to the gardening! There is just something so relaxing about hands in dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely way to spend time for yourself! I am more of a black thumb sort of person, but that doesn't stop me from trying each year with annuals. Go and enjoy the sunshine for me. It is -20 today with the windchill up here in Wisconsin! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing all the ways you find time for yourself. I think it is a good idea to have many ways so that one is always available or appealing when the free time becomes available.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All lovely ways to spend "me" time. And we're having gorgeous weather now in Florida, aren't we!

    ReplyDelete