Saturday, January 5, 2013


Focusing on Life
52 weeks
one photo a week

Photo Prompt #1 ~ Self-Portrait


The new year has began. The time to reflect on the past is over. Anticipating what God has in store for me in 2013.

Company is gone, time to clean, time to put away the decorations. Checking my NEW list of the things to do.

Husband is back in the hospital, a two hour drive away. He's not happy and neither am I. But we want him to get well this time.

Have friends and family, but still feel a little alone.

BUT the year is young and I need to pick myself up and get moving!!

One of my friends has suggested we do a picture a week of our life. This is the first week.  Hopefully you will enjoy coming back and seeing how my year is progressing.  My picture isn't the greatest, but then I am no beauty, and I was a little tired from the company....hopefully I will have better as the year progresses.

I think this is going to be an interesting journey and I hope you will enjoy it with me.


>52 week badge

14 comments:

  1. You are a beauty. I love your smile and that is a wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely smile and I hope that this time your husband comes home healthy! And yes I'm looking forward to having something to look forward to every week, even if I don't enjoy seeing myself in 'print'

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE beautiful! I love that despite all that you have going on, you are smiling. And what a beautiful smile it is.

    I'm praying for a quick recovery for your husband and peace for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must echo Alice's comments above - you are beautiful and it is incredible that you are able to smile while life throws you these curve balls! I hope your husband is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you are a beauty! Beautiful, shining eyes and your lovely smile - what's not beautiful! Your spirit shines through in this shot and I don't even know you, so how wonderful is that?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your picture reminds me of years ago when people did not worry so much about what the camera would reveal, they just smiled and their personality shone through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thoughts going out to you and your husband and my wish for a full recovery! beautiful photo and gorgeous smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are a beauty with the sweetest smile! I hope your husband gets well soon and completely. I bet your smile will be even sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Veralynne! You are a beauty! Beautiful inside and out with a wonderful smile! I do hope that your husband get well soon, a speedy but complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see beauty! I'm sorry to hear your husband is in hospital, wishing him a return to health and a return to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Veralynne, you are so right - the year is young! So many possibilities ahead! I wish your husband a speedy recovery, and a healthy remainder of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see beauty in those eyes and that warm smile! I wish you a wonderful year ahead and quick recovery for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such warm eyes!! I'm so glad you're playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy to see your face. And best wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete