Saturday, June 22, 2013

Focus on Life Week 25 "You Are......"

THIS week our esteemed leader gave us a challenge of  "This week I asked everyone to complete this sentence,  “You Are  ___________!”, and fill in the blank.  The only catch is it had to be positive."

HMMMMMM...my first thought was...I am perfect....but then I know to many people that would disagree with that.....so I thought about it, and based on how the first 6 months of this year have gone....I would say   " I am Determined".  


Both my parents passed away, which was somewhat expected...but...sad. Taking care of my disabled husband. The economic rollercoaster.  Though I can say that God is with us 100%. Otherwise I think we would be on the streets....  and well....just life in general!  BUT....my goal is to finish planting my yard, sit back and watch it grow, while working on my jewelry and bird watching!  So in order to that... I have to stay DETERMINED!.


Like Sally, I love taking pictures so I had to figure out what to take to match determined...... wasn't easy, but as I enjoy working with collages, I created one with a couple of my earrings, an Ibis in the front yard during TS Andrea, a picture of one of the many lilies we have growing and a mushroom.  I like mushrooms.....(sigh...no, not to smoke)  I do eat mushrooms, but I think they are neat looking. And since I am determined....well, I won't be living under one!  (though I think it would be cool to have a "mushroom" house.....)


So enjoy...


























For more incredible people and pictures head on over to Sally's Blog 































11 comments:

  1. Goodness me, it sounds like you've had it tough - I can almost feel the strength and determination in your blog post. You've chosen a beautiful collection of photos to sum up this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Your determination comes shining through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a mushroom house - that would be rather cool, wouldn't it?! love your determination and your post of photos - they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your collage is wonderful. It shows how much pleasure to get out of the simple things in life and how well you photograph them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you can see goodness through your adversity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your determination is inspiring with all that you've been through. And your collage is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually determined was the word I would have chosen if I hadn't copped out and done a garden collage... Now I'll have to really think for this weeks ?... the deer often eat my lilies.. this year they have just been biting the tops off of them and spitting them out! What kind of lily(?) is the pink flower I don't recognize it? It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think determined is an understatement. You are fantastically amazing to go through all you have/are going through and still be so positive. It's to be commended. And, I kinda like your first statement that you are perfect. While no one is really perfect, to feel like you have accomplished that is really saying something!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry for your losses but determination is a quality to be proud of - go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like you collage and how you used it as a pictorial of determination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are beautiful. Let's just say you are perfect too. We shouldn't take that away from ourselves.
    ~Ema
    http://www.emakdesigns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete