Saturday, July 13, 2013

Focus on Life Week 27 - Texture & Week 28 - Pretty Patterns

Well I never figured life would slow me down as it has the past two weeks.....but since what happened really blends into this challenge, well, heck, I will just do a combo!! :-)

The beginning of week 27, my doctors gave me a new antibiotic......found out the very hard way...I am highly allergic to it....luckily I only took two doses, but those two doses did me in.  The rash I got was unbearable....I was in bed almost a week getting over it with new meds to counteract the antibiotic....so for week 27.....our famous leader Sally...

We are focusing on textures today! From the course to the soft and fluffy, textures are always at our fingertips but we tend to be too busy to notice. Textures surround us at any given time, we sometimes just need to slow down a little and give them a little attention. Run your fingers down the hem of a quilt or pick up that dried leaf and focus on what your finger tips feel.

Well I can tell you, that rash is raised!  It is raised and rough and it itches!!!! This rash was ALL over my body! Including my head!   I will never take antibiotics again! This was horrendous. I had to stay in bed most of the time with a fan blowing on me. If I got hot, the rash itched more!!! I would never wish this on anybody, even an enemy......

Legs....
Arms.....














So there you have texture....






 Inline image 1 For this week, 28, it was pretty patterns....well, lets see what pretty patterns the rash left me......



Needless to say, I was a pretty patterned up person.
 And as I am sure you are, I am tired of the rash, so 
til next week.....

"Rash On".... :-)



For MORE pretty patterns and pictures head on 
over to Sallys.

16 comments:

  1. I took a medication once that I was allergic to & I know it is no fun. Hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. After almost two weeks...it is ALMOST GONE! I hope never to experience something like this again!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness you really have my sympathies - I hope you are soon fully recovered. I have to say your use of the rash for the last two challenges was genius - they fit the criteria perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sympathies, I would not wish this on anyone! This was the worse reaction I have ever had! Almost two weeks and it is ALMOST GONE! But it was great that it fit the criteria so well....helped make it a little more bearable!

      Delete
  3. I had an allergic reaction to antibiotics a long time ago. I learned then I must stay away from Sulfa/Sulfer medications. I know your discomfort here. Heal up and get well soon.
    ~Ema

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this make two antibiotics I am allergic to. I am also allergic to Penicillin. So I don't know what is left. But I think I may swear off antibiotics. At least for a long time....

      Delete
  4. SO NOT the pattern anyone would want or even look at. Hope it clears up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it wasn't a pretty pattern and it did hurt to look at....Almost two weeks and it is almost gone....not something I want to do again!

      Delete
  5. I get hives from so many things mow that I think the backs of my legs are suppose to look like red cottage cheese... Modern day cures often seem to be worse than the problem they were suppose to cure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...I do wonder sometimes if the cures are worse than the problem...I guess that is why we see so many more homeopathic items on the market!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow - not a pretty pattern to have! Rashes are the worst. My son's allergic to pretty much any antibiotic he's taken and breaks out in hives eventually from them, too. I hope it goes away really soon and you can get some relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes you wonder doesn't it if they really are that great or if it would be better just to "wait" it out????? At least the steroids she put me on to counter act the antibiotic helped. Two weeks and it is almost gone. Don't want to go there ever again!

      Delete
  7. you poor bunny!! your body really didn't like those pills!! hope you soon get some relief... **gentle hugs**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the hugs....and no my body did NOT like that med! If my insides looked anything like the outside.....makes you wonder sometimes....if some of these meds are really that great.

      Delete
  8. Aaaah, sulfa drugs to that to me. I blew up like a raspberry.
    So very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I have ever had sulfa, but from what I hear, I don't even want to try them!

      Delete